All three City of Carlsbad library locations will offer limited access to computers, browsing, and printing and copying, starting Monday, April 5, on a first come, first served basis, at the following times:
Georgina Cole LibraryMonday & Wednesday 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Carlsbad City Library on Dove LaneTuesday & Thursday 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Library Learning CenterTuesday & Thursday 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Computer use will be limited to one session, up to 60 minutes, per person per day. In addition to the computers, staff will be available to issue library cards and collect fines that may have accrued prior to March 15, 2020 (no fines have accrued for items returned between March 15, 2020 – March 31, 2021). Curbside pickup will continue Monday through Saturday between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. Books may be returned in outdoor collection bins at any time.
Limited “Grab and Go” browsing will be offered on a first come, first served basis.
The library has put health precautions in place for the new computer hours to comply with the county health order and help ensure the safety of library patrons. These include:
- No in-and-out privileges, once you have entered the building.
- Patrons are asked to wash or sanitize their hands before using a computer or printer.
- No sitting other than at a computer session.
- Wear face covering at all times.
- Maintain 6 foot distance. Certain computers will not be available to allow for proper distance between stations.
Printing is available for $.20 a page, payable only in cash. No change is available.
Library staff can be reached Monday through Saturday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.:
This press release was produced by the City of Carlsbad. The views expressed here are the author’s own.